CONGRATULATIONS -- you have located the discreetly hidden page for the semi-official mascot of the New York
Summer Music Festival!
"Why a squirrel?"
There is indeed a reason for making this resilient little varmint the office of NYSMF.
The origin goes back to a time before the existance of our little festival, back to the Time Before, back back back to before I had any signs of cosmic radiation successfully smacking into individual hair follices, or free radicals radically rampaging through various cells of my body, leaving acorns within my very RNA strands.
But first, let's hear from our sponsor, Keisuke Hoashi Photography!
A tee shirt logo designed to make your eyeballs dance!
TITLE: Yosemite Varmint
Photo by Keisuke Hoashi
LOCATION: Yosemite National Park, the Merced River just above Vernal Falls
CAMERA: Canon Something or Other, big lens
FUELED BY: Nuts and raisins
As built on the NYSMF Twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/nysmf (run exclusively by Keisuke Hoashi, NYSMF Director of Squirrels and Squirrel-type Varmints)
- On the first day of NYSMF, my counselor gave to me, a squirrel in a hoodie.
- On the second day of NYSMF, Mr Spencer gave to me, 2 lesson vouchers and a squirrel in a hoodie!
- On the 3rd day of #NYSMF, NathanWarner gave to me, 3 fun-run short-shorts, 2 lesson voucher, and a #squirrel in a #hoodie!!!!
- On the 4th day of NYSMF, Kathryn gave to me, four hours folding programs, 3 ... 2... and a squirrel in a nut tree!
- And on the 5th day of NYSMF #BobSabin gave to me - 5 packs of bacon tobewrappedaroundmypizza ... 4, 3, 2, and a squirrel in a black tee!
- On the 6th day of #NYSMF Santiago gave to me 6 stands and chairs, 5 (bacon) 4(programs) 3(shorts) 2(vouchers) and a #squirrel in a hoodie!!!
- on the 7th day o' #NYSMF @songbirdsydney gave to me, 7 great little brothers, 6,5,4,3,2, and a squirrel in a hoodie!
- on the 8th day of #NYSMF mr danForbes gave to me 8 reminders to take a shower 7 to call my parents 65432 and Priscilla in a hoodie!
- on the 9th day of NYSMF @danaleongmusic gave to me, 9 electric trombones ... and a squirrel in an "uno mas" tee!
- On the 10th day of NYSMF Sarah Nietupski gave to me 10 large pizzas from Mama Nina's (with 10 liters of soda) ... and a squirrel in a hoodie!
- On the 11th day of NYSMF, Mister Keisuke gave to me, 11 Golden Guernsey Bittersweet Sinphony triple scoop ice cream cones ... MMMMMMMMMMMM!!
- And on the 12th day of NYSMF my PARENTS gave to me, six more weeks of NYSMF in 2012 WHOOHOO!! MERRY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY! WE LOVES YOU ALL!!!!
2009 Tee Shirt Squirrel Design
Tthe legendary Phantom Squirrel who was spotted lurking about
the dormitory in 2008, in between gorging on leftover hot chicken
wings and entire slices of leftover pizza.
Oooh, and one more nice thing that happens on campus each summer. The deer all
have little baby deer, often twins, all pawing delicately around
all the grassy little islands in the parking lots. Sometimes they
even stroll right through the dorm quads, where you can peek at them
as if you are inside of a nature documentary. All this cuteness PLUS
fantastic music AND squirrels, too! How can you resist? SIGN UP TODAY
I GO BY MANY NAMES. THE PHANTOM SQUIRREL. THE DEATHLY SQUIRREL. THE VARMINT WITH
AN APPLE CORE.
OH, JUST CLICK SOMETHING TO GET BACK TO THE REGULAR STUFF. THIS IS JUST SILLY.